POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sundiver ship and Solarians(work in progress) - Sundiver.jpg (1/1) : Re: Sundiver ship and Solarians(work in progress) - Sundiver.jpg (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sundiver ship and Solarians(work in progress) - Sundiver.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Oct 2000 17:09:26
Message: <chrishuff-C37460.16121823102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39f491dd@news.povray.org>, "Marc Schimmler"
<mar### [at] webde> wrote:

> The cooling laser should be more focused. The Sundiver is nice.

I am trying to get a tightly focused beam with a dimmer spread from
scattering.(this is the photosphere of the Sun, so scattering would
spread the beam some) This isn't quite what I wanted(it looks too much
like a long flame to me), but it is getting there.
But really, there isn't much reason for the beam to come out of the ship
tightly focused...they might actually want it to spread out, so their
own "tail" isn't as dangerous.

> Where's the nasty Pila? :-)

He got shipped off to his friends...who aren't very friendly any more.
:-)

> I haven't read it for a long time so I can't tell if the cattle are
> correct or not, if this is decideable at all.

The cover has a picture from the inside of the ship, including the
cattle type Solarians, and they do strongly resemble the ones in this
image. They were basically described as green toruses made of plasma and
possibly some solid matter, with a coherent light tail and changing
geometric patterns on their surface, so I don't think this is too far
off. However, they are currently all identical...I am going to put a lot
more in the scene, and give them more variation in patterns and size.
Maybe have the shepherds tending a group of young ones.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><